Medical Technologist x1
LocationMbabane Main Laboratory
About the position
Key Competency Requirements
- National Diploma in Biomedical Technology or Degree in Medical Laboratory Sciences.
- Registration with the Eswatini Medical and Dental Council
- 2-3 Years Relevant Working Experience
- Appropriate Driver’s License
Key Competency Responsibilities:
- Perform diagnostic testing procedures, reviews and verifies results and interacts with pathologists on technical matters to provide all relevant data that may pertain to the prevention, diagnosis or treatment of diseases.
- Operate, maintain and calibrate the equipment used in the laboratory to ensure that it is operating efficiently and providing accurate results. This includes recording instrument maintenance and quality control results as well as recognising and resolving problems by troubleshooting mal-functioning equipment and taking corrective action.
- Implement sound housekeeping procedures and work effectively with others as a member of a team to ensure a safe working environment in accordance with safety protocols. This includes the on-going maintenance of quality control standards, adherence to infection control measures, correct disposal of bio-hazardous waste and participation (as per delegated responsibilities) in the preparation process for internal and external audits.
- Assist the Technical/ QA Manager with overseeing and monitoring equipment maintenance, asset management, procurement of goods and staff overtime expenditure to ensure the most effective utilisation of resources, optimisation of stock levels and reduction of costs at all times.
- Report incidents, including instrument failures, problem solutions and reads documents and actions tasks on the laboratory information management system in compliance with relevant organisational policy.
- Attend training and seminars and participates in continuing professional development (CPD) activities to continuously update knowledge and skills as well as comply with professional registration requirements. This includes ensuring the availability of up-to-date records that can be presented immediately on request thereof.
- Perform on-site training of laboratory staff, interns, students, medical colleagues and associated health workers in laboratory techniques, processes and systems, when assigned by Technical/ QA Manager and deemed competent.
- Adhere to professional conduct requirements in line with organisational policy and relevant professional body ethical standards.
- Ensure the implementation of service levels and quality standards in accordance with Standard Operating Procedures and service level agreements
- Represent the organisation by applying the principles of customer care in the medical pathology field and interacts professionally and ethically with patients, clients, doctors and other hospital staff.
- Perform any other duties as defined by Management.
Interested and qualified applicants are invited to email a concise CV, qualifications to firstname.lastname@example.org Should you not have received a response by 07 July 2023 kindly consider your application unsuccessful. Application deadline is 23 June 2023.